Our Equal Start Education team is postured for growth! We are actively seeking individuals who have the heart to serve the underprivileged and to empower vulnerable communities so that they may have an equal start to a brighter future.
Learning Centre Facilitator
The learning centre facilitator is responsible for the daily operation of the Learning Centre. The facilitator reports to the Learning Center Committee and the Equal Start Education team.
- Up to 8 weeks of paid holiday during term breaks
- 8 days annual leave
- 5 days sick leave
- Training provided
The facilitator is responsible for daily activities which includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Leading class and assisting students with their daily lessons
- Opening and closing of the Learning Centre each class day
- Taking daily attendance of all students and volunteers
- Assisting with the collection of student fees from parents if requested by the Committee
- Adhering to all SOPs related to the operation of the Learning Centre, including health, student safety, security, cleanliness, and maintenance of equipment and premises
- Assigning activities to volunteers
- Monitoring student daily lessons and uploading student progress to the web periodically
- Distributing materials and devices to students, and collecting, storing and recharging them at the end of the day
- Having a heart to serve the underprivileged!
- Conversant and literate in English
- Teaching experience desirable, with a willingness to learn
- Patient, compassionate and kind with children
- Good at managing and maintaining order in the classroom
- Digital literacy (easily trainable)
Location: Penang mainland.
Working hours: Part-time – Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 1.30pm. Full-time – Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5pm (30-min lunch break). The learning centre closes during end of term break, and other Malaysian holidays.
Salary: Part-time – Starts from RM1,200. Full-time – Starts from RM2,000. Remuneration is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Learn More -> Facilitator Job Description
Apply -> Facilitator Application
We welcome students from local universities, colleges and schools for your internship with us.
As an intern, you can expect to be tasked with hands-on experiences and responsibilities in a physical classroom setting
- Co-facilitate classes as required (reference facilitator responsibilities above)
- Assist learning centre facilitator in classroom management
- Administrative tasks including distributing materials and devices to students, and collecting, storing and recharging them at the end of the day
- There will be opportunities for you to develop other skills depending upon your interests
- Minimum commitment of one (1) month or more
- Internship contributes to part of your academic credit or job placement
- Good command in both written & spoken English with good presentation skills
- Love children and has strong passion in coaching and developing children from diverse backgrounds
- Intern positions are only eligible for academic credit and are typically unpaid (intern can find their own sponsorship)
Apply -> Intern Application
We welcome long-term volunteers able to commit to a regular schedule, of one (1) or more days per week, with an understanding that flexibility may be needed.
We also welcome short-term (minimum one week), either from Malaysia or overseas.
Apply -> Volunteer Application
For all positions, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter addressing your strengths in relation to the position, your availability to help out, and an application to firstname.lastname@example.org